6 Battlefields - Repress the competition15.02.2017
A powerful methodology
Most companies nowadays are established in mature markets, where it is primarily important to consistently repress the competition. In this respect, the (potential) customer usually has a positive attitude towards his current partner. It is thus essential to change this mind-set.
However, the traditional SWOT analysis, positioning and value propositions created by the marketing division do not help out anymore. They focus on the overall market rather than on the competitor, and are often too pithy/optimistic and so, further support the customer’s perception that ultimately, all suppliers are comparable.
Yet, when looking closely, the profiles of the competitors show very different strengths and weaknesses. Strengths and weaknesses the sales departments must be prepared for.
They need a master plan which clearly points out on which battlefields the confrontation with the competition has to be conducted in order to generate growth for their own company. Top performing organisations consistently recognise their key accounts.
This is where the “Six Battlefields” concept, developed by Mercuri International, provides solutions. It identifies Six Battlefields in which you have to measure yourself with the competition in order to convince the customer. Each Battlefield requires a specific approach strategy that successfully differentiates us from the competitor and gets the customer out of his “all the same lethargy”.
Result of the workshop
After the workshop, your salespeople will be able to create a positive mindset at the customer or prospect towards your product or service offer, even when he or she had a strong preference for your competitor.
The result of the workshop is directly applicable to all (ongoing) sales activities such as: the recovery of the customer, more sales with existing customers and winning new customers.
Optimum efficiency is achieved when a sales campaign is organized, directly following "The Six Battlefields workshop".
Beat the competition in 5 Steps
- Determine the competitive field wherein the impact is determined by the accuracy of the analysis. This intake is done with the (sales) management.
- Answering an online questionnaire to determine what, according to your sales team and management, are the sales situations of 'today' and 'tomorrow'.
- Preparation of ‘The Six Battlefields workshop’ with (sales)management.
- A two-day ‘The Six Battlefield workshop’ with the entire sales organization. Marketing and product management can join.
- Implementation, follow-up and coaching of the sales campaign.
To download this as a pdf click here or on the file at the right for the Dutch version.